Web Publishing Steps
Any of these steps can be done by yourself or with the help of a Web
Consultant. The more you do yourself, the less expensive it will be.
- Decide what you want to place on the web. See the different
types of sites and browse
the web for ideas.
Text - plain or colored.
- logos (e.g. )
- ISMAP's (action dependent on where in the image you select)
- Decide where on the web, you want your information placed.
Once your information is on the Internet, it is accessible from
everywhere. The availability depends on your web page hoster.
We recommend that you get a domain name so that you are not tied to
your web page hoster.
- Convert any documents that you want placed on the web from
their current form to a web readable format.
Text should be in HyperText Markup
Language(HTML) format and
graphics in GIF(Graphical Interchange Format)format or JPEG.
Some others are possible, but may not be supported
by all web browsers. Any on-line forms will need a program, on the
web server, to process them.
without a Monitor for an interesting article related to web page design
- Place your information on-line.
- Check to make sure that it looks the way you want to in several
different browsers. Be sure to check both graphical and textual
- Publish your location to the world. This gets your information into a
wider set of hands than just those who happen across your location.
See Yahoo for an example.
Here are some tips and
Please send any questions or comments to:
Phone: (970) 482-6785.
© 1995-2015 Clarke Computer Company