Web page tips
We hope you enjoy these tips for promoting your web page and the list of resources to
Please send us email if you
have comments or suggestions. If you know of a page to be added here,
let us know
- Use an appropriate TITLE.
- Use META
- Have a brief description at the top of your pages.
- Use descriptive ALT tags.
- Focus each page. Put disjoint information on different pages.
- Include your keywords and phrases in your text.
- Submit your site to the search engines.
- Have a links page and put links to good related sites on it.
- Ask for reciprocal links.
- Ask your domain hoster for a periodic
analysis or get a new domain hoster.
- DO NOT have an empty robots.txt file. Excite! and others
interpret this as disallow all, instead of allow all like the specification
META Tag discussions:
"Did you know that 85% of web traffic originates from search engines? AND did you
know that 98.2% of searches do NOT go past the third page of search results?
(from the GVU 10th WWW User survey, Oct-Dec 1999)"
Stacking the Deck
- Submit It!'s site promotion
- Submit It!'s
Search Engine tips
- ClickZ -
A daily newsletter about the web. Some very good articles.
You can access the archives though a link at the bottom.
- Submit It!'s Traffic
- Register-It!'s Search engine tips
- Register-It! Marketing tips
- Did-it free tools
- Still to deal with
- JayDe's Online directory
- Focus Associates
- Channel 7
- Search Engine Watch
- Hits to Sales
- Rank This' other sources of
- KC Public Library
Search Engine comparison
- Improve your ranking with Infoseek
- HotBot FAQ:
Results, Scoring, and Ranking
- Search engine
- Scrub the Web stuff
- Ultimate Promotion
- Marketing Tips
- AllBusiness - help for small businesses
- GuestTrack - tailor content on the
- BeSeen.com - chat room, message board, quizlet, guestbook, quicknav, or hit counter
- Search Engine Marketing, Web
Marketing, Web site Design, WebPosition discussions
After you have your page ready, look at the list of
To visit any of the sites below without leaving this site hold down the shift key when you click on the